Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fish to Bob's, Clackamas River

The stretch of river from Fish Creek to Bob's Hole is one of our local favorite class III runs. It's got some fun rapids, and goes year-around. The Clackamas River is where I learned to kayak, and I have done this run countless times. And it's still fun! One of the guys used his pfd-mounted Hero camera to record our trip yesterday (a pfd - personal floatation device - is aka life jacket for those of you scratching your heads). I tried to outrun him, but it didn't always work. If you want a taste of whitewater, watch this video in high quality. Since it was filmed at chest level as he paddled, you might feel like you're gonna get splashed!

I only took a few pics. Here's one of Carter Bridge rapid (at about 700 cfs). Lots of fun waves & holes to play in!

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

Sweet! Are you the one with the silver boat? You make it look really easy, but I'm sure it's not! Me training my boy to poop in the potty and play "day-doh" (play-doh). I'm jeolous that you have a dog. I tried to talk Seth into adopting a rescue kitty, he started reminding me of dad about 20 yrs. ago...it was a no go