Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A non-kayaking related post (sort of)


This picture demonstrates a couple of things... First, fall has come to the Pacific Northwest. It has been raining, and the trees have decided it is time to go to sleep for the winter. In the past this was a time of regret... we only get 2 or 3 months of sunshine and warmth here. I like rain well-enough so I can deal with it, but even so, I longed for more sunny days. This year is a little different - because I found kayaking!!! We can kayak year-around here, but summer is the worst time because all the rivers get low due to lack of rain and so there are only a few options to tide us over till the rain comes back. It started raining last week, and has kept raining, and I am pleased. 

Second, notice the construction. Those guys are cutting down a tree! It is across from my house. Not only do we get to hear construction noise for god knows how long, but we no longer have a nice green buffer shielding the ugly hospital buildings. What a pity.

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

Awesome that you have found a positive of your least fav season there...guess what...Seth might interview for a job in Sacremento, CA...prob nothing will come of it, but I asked mom if they would move to Cali, cause then she would be close to me and YOU, but she said it would be too expensive....bah...we love Austin more and more...and Seth LOVES his job, so I doubt it would be anything, but the thought is cool!